Lamar High School's Student-Run News Publication

LAMAR LIFE

LAMAR LIFE

LAMAR LIFE

Photo accessed on the Billboard websites. Published under fair use. No copyright infringement is intended.
Entertainment
Alex Spills Her GUTS on Rodrigo
Alex Alamkan, Writer

Vampire - 4/10: She sounds very childish in this song. The style of the song sounds like a middle schooler wrote it or like Kidz Bop. I don’t like it. Logical...

Writing Editor Brooklyn Slie makes delicious hot chocolate cookies and white chocolate candy cane cookies.
Entertainment
Must Have Holiday Treats
Brooklyn Slie, Writing Editor

It’s the holiday season! For me, and many others, the holidays bring out a certain part of us that loves to bake and make the best sweet treats. Between...

Writing Editor and senior Brooklyn Slie concocts a salted caramel hot chocolate and peppermint mocha mudslide.
Entertainment
How To: Make Holiday Treats
Elise Barnette, Writer

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Ingredients: ~ 2 cups of whole milk ~ 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder ~ 1/4 cup of granulated sugar ~ 1/4 cup of...

Many players on the football team share how theyve found success with the sport.
Features
Unbelievable and Unstoppable
Mischa Wijesekera, Editor-in-Chief

Andrew Hodge There is no doubt that the football team has had a successful season. Individual players like senior defensive end Andrew Hodge, who ended...

Photo accessed on the ELLE website. Published here under fair use. No copyright infringement is intended.
Entertainment
What Broke the Box Office?
Ben Newman, Podcast Host

1. Past Lives dir. Celine Song If you’re frustrated with the number one spot going to a movie you might not have heard of then watch Past Lives and...

Lamar Life Instagram

Frightfully Fabulous Costumes

The best Halloween costumes ideas
Photo accessed on The Hollywood Reporter website. Published here under fair use. No copyright infringement is intended.

It’s that time of the month again! Fall décor has hit the stores and Halloween is around the corner. The million dollar question that everyone asks is “What should I wear for Halloween?” I’ve compiled different ideas to give you inspiration for your Halloween costume this year – a range of costumes to keep up with new movies, trends and classic costumes that will always be a spooky hit.

Barbie and Ken
From the iconic roller skating costume to the cowboy outfits that Barbie and Ken adorn during the box office hit, “Barbie,” there are countless possibilities and sources of inspiration that you can use for your upcoming Halloween costume. These costumes can be used for singles, duos or even groups. Also, if you dress up in a Barbie theme, but not as trendy of a costume, you could dress up as one of the original animated “Barbie” movies. You can even twin with a friend and dress up as the princesses from “Princess and the Pauper,” the “Three Musketeers” or some of the fairies!

Scream
A Scream costume is always a classic Halloween costume and a perfect go-to, especially with the sixth movie already out and another movie on the way.

Little Mermaid
At one point or another, every girl has dressed up as the Little Mermaid, but now there are new costumes to dress up in because of the new live-action movie. The possibilities are endless!

Ninja Turtles
A good group costume is to dress as the Ninja Turtles. Inspired by the new movie, “Mutant Mayhem,” everyone in your group can dress as one of the four Ninja Turtles.

Taylor Swift – Eras Tour
More on trend and less movie-based, there are probably a million different costumes you could create based off of Taylor Swift and her Eras Tour. You could dress as different album covers or songs and make your costume super creative and stylish.