Lamar High School's Student-Run News Publication

LAMAR LIFE

LAMAR LIFE

LAMAR LIFE

Photo accessed on the Billboard websites. Published under fair use. No copyright infringement is intended.
Entertainment
Alex Spills Her GUTS on Rodrigo
Alex Alamkan, Writer

Vampire - 4/10: She sounds very childish in this song. The style of the song sounds like a middle schooler wrote it or like Kidz Bop. I don’t like it. Logical...

Writing Editor Brooklyn Slie makes delicious hot chocolate cookies and white chocolate candy cane cookies.
Entertainment
Must Have Holiday Treats
Brooklyn Slie, Writing Editor

It’s the holiday season! For me, and many others, the holidays bring out a certain part of us that loves to bake and make the best sweet treats. Between...

Writing Editor and senior Brooklyn Slie concocts a salted caramel hot chocolate and peppermint mocha mudslide.
Entertainment
How To: Make Holiday Treats
Elise Barnette, Writer

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Ingredients: ~ 2 cups of whole milk ~ 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder ~ 1/4 cup of granulated sugar ~ 1/4 cup of...

Many players on the football team share how theyve found success with the sport.
Features
Unbelievable and Unstoppable
Mischa Wijesekera, Editor-in-Chief

Andrew Hodge There is no doubt that the football team has had a successful season. Individual players like senior defensive end Andrew Hodge, who ended...

Photo accessed on the ELLE website. Published here under fair use. No copyright infringement is intended.
Entertainment
What Broke the Box Office?
Ben Newman, Podcast Host

1. Past Lives dir. Celine Song If you’re frustrated with the number one spot going to a movie you might not have heard of then watch Past Lives and...

Lamar Life Instagram

Top Five Christmas Songs

Songs to get you in the holiday spirit
Photo accessed on the Los Angeles Times website. Published here under fair use. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” by Andy Williams
The title says it all. This song beautifully captures the excitement and joy of the holiday season that we all feel, making it a must-listen during Christmas.

2. “Feliz Navidad” by José Feliciano
With its lyrics that feature both English and Spanish, this is a bilingual masterpiece. This song has an infectious rhythm and adds a nice flair to traditional Christmas playlists.

3. “All I Want for Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey
This time of the year is when Carey’s career peaks because this modern classic has become synonymous with the holiday season.

4. “Jingle Bell Rock” by Bobby Helms
This lively and infectious tune embodies the joyous spirit of Christmas and is a song everyone should play at festive gatherings.

5. “Last Christmas” by Wham!
A beloved 80’s classic, this song combines cheerful melodies with a heartfelt story, which creates a much deeper meaning than you may think.